Book Your Test
How to Register the IELTS exam?
There are three ways to register the IELTS exam such as-:
• Online registration
• Offline booking
• Registration via Courier
Let’s have a look at both the IELTS registration ways.
Option 1-: Online Registration
In order to register and book the test, you have to pay the fees through Credit card.
The below-mentioned ways or procedure for IELTS test booking is similar for both the founders of the IELTS test.
The procedure of test bookings:
• Firstly, you have to log on to www.ieltsidpindia.com and https://www.britishcouncil.in/exam/ielts/book-test.
• Secondly, you should go to the option of registration link named as Register for IELTS.
• Complete registration with your valid Passport number.
• Then you have to select a test date and city according to your schedule.
• Complete the online application form
• Pay the test fee by credit card, for example, Master card or Visa card.
• Download the acknowledgment letter after registration.
Option 2-: Register Offline
In order to book your IELTS exam, you can also go with option 2 such as offline registration. Well, there are also two ways to book the test, let’s have a look at these two methods.
Method – I
• You should go to the IDP or British Council office or IELTS institute and register online. And then make payment with the help of Credit card in order to confirm your seat.
• And then you must handover the Xerox copy of your passport and registration form pages.
• You can also hand-over the terms and conditions page duly signed.
• After completion of registration, you should download the acknowledgment confirmation letter.
Method – II
• You must take an application form and complete the Registration process.
• Then sign the terms and conditions documents and attached to the application form. Moreover, you must also attach the xerox copy of your valid passport.
• Make the payment via credit card or ATM card or by Demand draft.
• If you are making the payment via demand draft, you have to pay the fees in ICICI bank and then deposit the payment receipt to the IDP or British Council Centres.
Option 3-: Register through Courier and Demand Draft
If you want to register your IELTS exam offline then you must download the registration form from the sites of IDP and British Council. And then complete the application form and rest of the procedure is the same as we mentioned above in Option 2 method II.
After completing the whole process, you should send the application form to the authorities.
IELTS Test Dates in IndiaIELTS test dates are offered upto 4 times in a month making a total of 48 fixed test dates in one calendar year. The availability of IELTS dates in India may differ for the Academic and General Training module. While the Academic version is available on all 48 dates, the General Training version is available on 24 dates. In order to create flexibility and convenience, tests are mostly held on Saturdays and Thursdays.
Please note that listening, reading, writing (LRW) tests shall take place on the same day while the speaking tests will be conducted upto 7 days prior and/or post the test date. It may be possible that your nearest IELTS test location may not offer the same date as another IELTS test city location.